Saturday 9 March 2013

Editing photograph for front cover using photoshop.

For my front cover I had to consider what image I wanted to display that would be a strong representation of my concept and reflect the research I had collected previously. I was particularly inspired by this front cover photograph of Kate Moss:
'The Face' used this photograph to represent their idea of the "3rd summer of love", I was inspired by this image as it was simplistic yet reflected a youthful innocent image of youthfulness. 

Therefore, I decided to use this concept in my own photograph. Using a teenage girl model Lizzie that is naturally pretty yet still has a youthful face. As my concept is based around festivals, colour and youth I used the feather headdress as an element of colour and a representation of festivals (particulary the tribal print). The location was against a plant/nature to represent life, outdoors and summer.
Here are a few photographs experimenting with composition, lighting and expression.....






Editing Process...

I chose the two images below to experiment editing using Photoshop (using the skills I had learnt in my previous Photoshop induction).


Brightness/exposure/contrast/colour enhance.


Although I like the image after editing due to the vibrancy of colour and light, I feel that the expression on the model's face is too serious and does not represent my 'trend' concept enough. Therefore I chose the image below for my final photograph.
I decided to crop the photograph to begin so the focus was on the model, the details such as the tribal embroidery on the headers and the colourful face paint (inspired by my festival photographs). Whats more the expression on the models face represents my trend and concept effectively.

I also experimented with exposure/brightness/contrast/colour filter.


My final chosen image for the front cover.

Overall I am pleased with the outcome of my editing of the photograph. I decided to use a warm colour filter for the photograph to reflect the idea of summer, happiness, festivals and youth. I also prefer the composition of this piece, having more background 'space' to the left of the photograph so I can add my logo/information to the image to create a striking front cover and so it does not look to 'cluttered' or detracts too much away from the image.



No comments:

Post a Comment