Monday 18 March 2013

Digital Rendered Illustration

For my digitally rendered illustration, I began experimenting simply with the basic pen tool to see what shapes and curves I could create.




These are the three figures I initially drew using the line/curve pen tool. I wanted to keep them simplistic but interesting so I use different compositions of the figure with different hair styles on each.
I particularly liked this style as it was simple but elegant, and contrasted with my hand illustrations which were more details in terms of facial features.

I wanted to superimpose the designs on top of the figures so I decided to make the outlines a shade of grey in order to show the shape of the figure but so that the main focus was on the shapes and overall design of the collection.



Here is my final design.
My collection was inspired by the research on festivals, the shapes and silhouettes.

No comments:

Post a Comment